BuddingScholars > Toddler > Toddler Activities
Have an energetic toddler eager to experience the world and to learn? Short on ideas to assist in her learning and development?
Here's a short list of activities you can do with your toddler broken down by categories. If you have anything that you'd like to see added, please drop me a line and let me know.
Here they are in loosely formed categories. I call it loosely formed because many of the activities can be inserted into others as well.
Arts & Crafts
- Finger paiting
- Brush painting
- Leaf printing
- Play dough
- Making crafts (too many types to list)
In the kitchen
- Baking cookies
- Making pizza (can make from scratch or buy all/most of the ingredients depending on your toddler and your cooking ability/dedication)
- Making soup
- Washing vegetables
- Washing plastic dishes (my five year old and two year olds love this one!)
- Setting tables
- Going for a walk
- Going to a park
- Ball sport (e.g., soccer, playing catch with a large soft ball or beach ball)
- Flying a kite
- Bicycle ride
- Nature study:
- Leaf picking (for leaf printing activity perhaps?)
- Studying insects (my two year old girl loves to look at ants and other little insects)
- Gardening (e.g., picking tomatoes, planting flowers)
- Yard work (i.e., they love to dig holes)
- Listening to music and drawing/painting
- Puppet shows
- Playing house or any other imaginative play (e.g., firefighter, doctor)
I hope you've pulled out some ideas from this list and found it useful. Again, if there's something that you don't see here, but would like to see it added, please drop me a line and let me know.
Return from Toddler Activities to BuddingScholars homepage